To start off with, let me say that I will be unfailingly happy no matter what you write. Optional details are OPTIONAL, and you could write me the Twin Peaks/Futurama/Full House/Aliens crossover of your choice and I would be like, YESSSSSS THANK YOU!, because, well, for one, that would be amazing, and for another, it's Yuletide. There is literally nothing you could write that I'd dislike, unless it was something problematic or character-bashing. And I know you won't do that because you, yuletide Santa, are awesome.
That said, I generally feel that if you write what <i>you</i> want to write and read, if you just let yourself deal with the questions, characters, and themes that are on <i>your</i> mind, i will love what you come up with. Write what you love! :D
Lizzie Bennet Diaries
i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT MOST, Lizzie/Darcy, Lizzie/Lydia, Lizzie/Charlotte, Jane/Bing, Lizzie/Caroline, Charlotte/Collins, a Lydia/George/Lizzie threeway for great win, Maria/Fandom, or EVERYONE'S OTP LYDIA/MARY. I just want everything omg.
I ship everyone with everyone. I love absolutely every single character (including Caroline omg if you write about Caroline I would love it if you made her not!evil and KIND OF ACTUALLY FOND OF LIZZIE BECAUSE I THINK SHE IS IN HER SCHEMING WAY, SOB), and I have no idea what to request most because I really will love everything you could possibly write for this amazing, amazing fandom.
What I love most, what blows me away, is the commitment to female friendship in this series, so as much as I would love Lizzie/Darcy, I'd also love friendship!fic, sisterhood fic, or femslash (sister/sister= ok) of any permutation. Just, OH, SO MUCH LOVE FOR ALL THESE AMAZING FEMALE CHARACTERS. <3
If for some reason you got one of my other requests but aren't sure, OMG WATCH THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES, THEY ARE THE GREATEST THING IN MY LIFE.
ETA: okay, in wake of eps 60 & 61, the Fandomspotting ep we did yesterday, and today's What's Trending ep, here are some other thoughts!
- @MariaoftheLu tweeted us during the Fandomspotting ep and teased us with the possibility of doing a video with @TheLydiaBennet!!!!! how much would I LOVE to see fic about these two together? Or even and especially, Maria and Mary hanging out together. You KNOW they could have some epic fangirl conversations. (Come on, Mary reads John Green, they're totally both Nerdfighters!) Would Lydia feel left out? Would she just roll with it? Would Charlotte approve of Maria spending time with Lydia given her fondness for partying? For that matter, what would Charlotte and Lydia be like together? SO MANY POSSIBILITIES. CAN THEY JUST ALL GO TO FROYO AND HANG OUT :DDDDD
- oh my god how cute were Daniel and Ashley together in the What's Trending ep?! if you are into RPF and you wanted to write Ashley/Daniel RPF I would not object in the SLIGHTEST.
- Or, if you wanted to riff off of that and turn it into an epilogue-type situation, where famous media mogul William Darcy and up-and-coming celebrity vlogger Lizzie go on What's Trending to talk about how they fell in love on camera, and how knowing their love will be giffed by a thousand fangirls later may curtail their PDA, but it still shines through in little moments anyway. THE GIF DANCING. oh my god.
- SCREAM EPISODE 61. WHAT WAS DARCY THINKING WHEN HE WALKED AWAY AND ALMOST TURNED BACK, THEN CHANGED HIS MIND? And what about Charlotte? I mean <i>of course</i> she knew it, right? That's canon from P&P. 5 Times Charlotte almost said something to Lizzie about Darcy, and held off because she knew Lizzie would flip her shit? :D Also, wtf, Lizzie, you saw Char and Jane's episode that they filmed behind your back, right? What kind of denial are you IN? Anything that explores the characters and their mentalities around this period would be more than appreciated.
- But really, any in-series character studies or pov scenarios like the above, written for any time between episode 1 and wherever we are by Yuletide? Alllll of that would be welcome. There's so much you can do, so many character dynamics to explore, and so many subtle emotional gradations and shifts over time. It's just. ugh, PERFECT SHOW IS PERFECT. <33333 Seriously, write whatever is on your mind and whatever stories about this series <i>you</i> can't let go of, and I'll love it._____
I pimped this series here and here, and I also have a
Fly By Night Series - Frances Hardinge
omg i just want more Mosca and Clent being bitter frenemies and sticking together and sniping and snarking and loving each other and ALSO SARACEN and ADVENTURE AND BOOKS AND WORDS <333333333333
I pimped this book here, and I also totally agree with everything skygiants said in their review! I JUST WANT TEAM MOSCA-AND-CLENT FOREVER, sob. Also i still want an Inception AU where Eames is Clent and Arthur is Mosca his apprentice and against all better judgment they team up and obviously wreak havoc and have adventures everywhere, but that is neither here nor there, because for Yuletide I just BASICALLY WANT MORE OF THE FRACTURED REALM. More specifically, I would love to see a missing scene from in between the two books or after the second book! I would love to see how Mosca and Clent interact on a non-threatening, "normal" day (though with them I doubt any day is ever completely normal)! How do they show their begrudging trust and love for each other, in small ways and large? Does Clent plot ways to get rid of Saracen or has he made his peace with that malevolent bird yet? :D DO THEY HAVE WORD FIGHTS? I can't even express how completely I would die of joy if you chose to write this for me. And even if you aren't familiar with the books, please consider reading them! Fly By Night and Fly Trap (Twilight Robbery if you're in the UK) are the most wonderful books I've read in years and they totally own my heart. <3
ETA: this is another instance where i just want everything and i just want more. i can't even think of what would make me happiest because every character in this series is fantastic and you could write reams and reams of backstory, futurestory, character interaction, or just Clent and Mosca trying to best each other with words. I would and will love any and all of it. :D
Hmmm, if you want something more specific, here are some prompts:
- Clent teaching Mosca to do something new she's never done before--maybe cheat at cards or carve a turkey or pick someone's pocket.
- Mosca has a chance to leave Clent once and for all, no strings attached (read: no Goshawk waiting in the wings!!!!! *shudder*). Does she do it? What makes her come back? (Because of course she comes back!)
- what does Mistress Bessel do after the events of Twilight Robbery? What's her history with Clent, anyway? Have they ever been lovers, or do they know each other too well for that? When we saw her first, it seemed as though she was settled down into an ordinary life. Was she happy? Does she long to be a real gentlewoman or would she rather be a highwayman? Does she see any of herself in Mosca?
- one thing i love about this series is how unabashedly amoral so many of the characters are, while still being so totally easy to empathize and sympathize with. I often wonder about Clent's own level of amorality. We've seen that he's quite selfish, but also that he's adjusted to caring for Mosca, as a partner in crime if not quite like a member of the family. I'd love anything that dared to get into his POV regarding his attitude towards his charge: it's obvious he loves her deeply, but how much does he trust his own ability to care for her--both emotionally and physically? This is such a complex, tentative relationship, and I think they're both kind of stunned by it! I'd love anything that delved into Clent's side of things, as well as any situation where they--gasp--might have to talk about FEELINGS. (And if it's another scene like their epic, amazing, beautiful parting during the scene where Mosca gets herself thrown into Toll-By-Night, where they're screaming insults that really mean "be safe" and "don't die" and "i'm not sorry we met," sob, that would just absolutely make my lifeeeeeee.)
wild fucked-up terrifying-but-hot demon sex. just do it. :D
uh, i wrote this for yuletide last year! /o\ DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, YOU KNOW THIS SERIES IS ALL ABOUT DEMON SEX.
ETA: hi! so, i linked the fic above, not because i wanted to be like, WRITE LIKE THIS, not at all--but just so you'd know, if you wanted any direction on that front, the kind of atmospheric take i have on this series. I'm honestly less interested in the lives of the people touched by Katie's possession than I am in Katie herself at this point: her relationship with Toby, who must have manifested himself in several different ways to her by now. We see him possibly manifest as Demon Child in PA4, we see him appear to her repeatedly as a child, and we see him possess her. But do they ever actually interact? What does Toby want, anyway? We learned in the 2nd film that their grandmother made a deal with the demon for money and power, presumably to <i>sacrifice</i> their firstborn male child to the demon. But Hunter's still around and the demon seems to be saving him up for something. What exactly is that something. What kind of a demon is he? :D
(ahaha, what if toby were just grooming hunter to be his future sex slave / haremboy / poolboy? GETTING BACK TO THE DEMON SEX.)
More demon sex: If you wanted to go with PA4, ahaha, how about that scene where Wyatt/Hunter watches Alex sleep/levitate off the bed, and then the next morning she complains about feeling like she's been hit by a truck? Since presumably the entity watching her sleep isn't actually a kid (though obvs Alex is still underage), if you wanted to do something totally dubcon and creepy and demon-sex-ish here, involving the demon taking their true form and having their way with sleeping beauty, you can go for it. Maybe the demon just invades her dreams with sexy/terrible/terrifying/bizarre results? Anything like that would be awesome. (And, again, demonsex does NOT have to be part of the scape here--if you seriously just wanted to write creepy gen horror about this scene or any scene from 1, 3, or 4, i would be over the moon.)
i should mention at this point: i really love 1 and 3, haha; I think 2 is the WORST and i don't really have any investment in the characters from that film. (obviously like everyone else on the planet, I hate Mika, also, but at this point he's kind of fun to mock because he's just so over-the-top.) I've seen 4 once, but i'm mostly just wondering--we don't see Alex die, though it's obviously a high probability; we do see the demon!Hunter watching her strategically levitate off the bed. What if she's the one whose being chosen to play Rosemary? What if they're planning to impregnate her with a demon baby? What if they indoctrinated her? What if they were just going to keep her to be Hunter's nursemaid until he was ready for.... whatever?
And for that matter, WHAT THE HELL IS HUNTER DOING IN THESE PEOPLE'S HOUSE TO BEGIN WITH, lol, like, did Katie just sneak him into an adoption center one day? Actually, crack!fic about how Katie actually convinced people to take Hunter and start calling him Wayatt would be awesome. Or creepy terrifying horrorfic. THERE IS SO LITTLE DIFFERENCE WITH THIS SERIES, LET'S FACE IT.
And what the hell is Ali off doing now since her aunt murdered her parents and abducted her brother??!?!?! Do we even care? Oh my god this series is so stupid. I love it. :D
Mostly, though: HOW AWESOME IS KATIE. I LOVE HER. AHAHA. I would love any and all backstory from any point at her epic troubled life. You know she's had encounters with demons throughout her life. If you wanted to describe any of that, or any kind of missing scenes from her/Kristi's life, that would be awesome.
There's always futurefic where Ali meets Alex, who's probably possessed and *they* have hot creepy fabulous demonsex? :D
(In all seriousness: i totally love demonsex, and the reason I keep circling back to it is because that erotic charge is such a crucial element of terror, especially since demons are so closely linked to sleep paralysis and the sense of being unable to move or control yourself along with the universal feeling of someone lying on top of you or sitting on your chest. I mean, that basically screams DEMONSEX, right? And this series consistently links "demon possession" with images of young girls lying vulnerably in bed. So it would be totally in keeping with the series to play around with that.
That said: you definitely, definitely by no means whatsoever are obligated to write demonsex or any sex if it makes you uncomfortable. All the scenarios/questions I've thrown out here would work for genfic too. Seriously, I can't state this enough: write what you want to write, and don't even stress matching up with me on a kink, because that's not why I do yuletide.)
Actor RPF: Tom/Joe <3
I would deeply love fic where Tom works off residual anxieties related to the end of his friendship with P-nut (sob), the eternal stalling of his relationship with Charlotte (sigh), and his general social awkwardness and introversion relative to suddenly becoming a massive celebrity.
At the same time, I would love to see Joe kind of working out his issues with his own identity: he's an eternal hipster in denial, but when people call him "cute" and play up his boyishness, he seems embarrassed. It's only lately that he's really seemed comfortable with himself, and I'd love for that to be, in part, a reaction to his meeting up with Tom again and watching how Tom inhabits all these different role-changes and identity changes, and learning that it's okay to just inhabit your own insecurities and anxieties and own them.
During the promos for TDKR, when Joe gushed about how amazing Tom was--how did that make Tom feel? Did Joe even realize then how deep his admiration went? (And how much would Dan be laughing at him right now?) As for Tom, will he ever be able to relate to Joe's hipster ways? Or do they have something more powerful and unexpected that brings them together despite their differences? Does Gary Oldman just get fed up and lock them in a closet???????????? :D
[[Note: I originally had two other fandoms here in slots 3 and 4; just for fun, here's the original requests.
Road to Morocco:
I cannot even believe someone else nominated this fandom this year. I am a lifelong fan of all the Road pictures, and The Road to Morocco is both the first one I ever saw and my favorite. This series was my introduction to the breaking of the fourth wall, and it was the first time (watching these movies as a kid) I realized how tongue-in-cheek and full of self-parody vintage Hollywood could be.
I love Dorothy Lamour and Bob Hope and Bing Crosby's epic bromance across the miles and years, and I would love anything that celebrates the ridiculousness of this series and this film in particular. TALKING CAMELS! Did the censors ever catch up to them once they hit the states? Did Anthony Quinn ever wreak revenge? Did Bob-as-Turkey ever win his Academy Award? :D
(And what is up with them buying volumes of Omar_Khayyám for Junior? ISN'T JUNIOR A LATER BOB HOPE CHARACTER? TOO MUCH FOURTH-WALL-BREAKING, I NEED AN ADULT. or at least a yuletide santa!)
Strangers on a Train <3
I have requested this at least 3 times for Yuletide and never gotten it, so this description is an amalgam of all my previous signups, haha! This is a brilliant movie and I love how it plays with the sexual UST, the doppelganger theme, and the seductiveness of evil. It's just amazing.
This is my favorite Hitchcock movie & is probably the whole and sole reason for my enduring love for gay serial killers. Robert Walker really created the most creepy, charismatic, lovable, memorable gay serial killer ever, and basically imprinted on me, haha: http://bookshop.livejournal.com/tag/gay%2
I would love anything that captures the creepy, dangerous, enthralling, seductive, sexy homoeroticism of this film. To me this film's power hinges around Robert Walker's incredible performance as Bruno and the believability of his hold on Farley Granger's Guy! Guy punches him and then *picks him up and carefully dusts him off and stands intimately close to him and offers to get him a ride home*. When he finds Bruno in his father's bed, he sticks around chatting almost like he's waiting for further instructions! (Which, going off Highsmith's version, he may well be?!) And omfg when Guy's just learned about Miriam's death and Bruno calls his name from (again) the shadows outside the townhouse, look at the way Farley Granger plays that moment - there's this close-up on his face and he almost looks eager, excited, *turned on*. And then he joins Bruno behind the gate when the cops pull up and they stand so close together their shoulders brush. asdfjk;jd. THE END, WHEN GUY LEANS OVER BRUNO AND SPEAKS TO HIM SOFTLY, LIKE A LOVER.
What I love about it most is how the whole story depends on Bruno having this complete compelling influence over Guy, and Guy's inability to just turn away from him and leave. And when he's in the park and he works that charm on Miriam without her even knowing who she is, just like he did with Guy on the train (which incidentally is a TOTAL. PICK UP. SCENE. The way the next scene after the dining car shows them in Bruno's cabin with Bruno stretched out looking like afterglow. omg)!
I think many people are too busy being creeped out the first time they watch this film to really get the homoeroticism, but it's so thick, even for Hitchcock who is rarely subtle about homoerotic subtext. I love the way the homoerotic underpinnings of the film simultaneously increase both your sense of horror *and* your sense of sympathy for both the main characters. I think we're supposed to be horrified at how drawn we are to Robert Walker and how much we empathize with him, even as he's showing us how sociopathic and dangerous he is. We're supposed to find him every bit as sexy as Guy does, *and we do.* And ultimately that empathy leaves the question of whether the homoeroticism really *is* the driving sinister force of the film, or whether it's is a necessary outlet and reaction against the *real* driving sinister force of the film, the restrictive heterosocial conformity that Guy is being forced into and from which Bruno tries to free him. I love this film.
Feel free to use elements if you want from the original Patricia Highsmith slashf--er, novella, if you want. The point is: Guy/Bruno. In-series, post-series (fake deaths????!), gen, porn, creepiness, subtext, whatever you think fits the awesome that is Hitchcock + Highsmith + Robert Walker + Farley Granger + gay serial killing madness (with carousels! ^_^) Run with it, baby, it's all yours. <3333 _____ Finally, did I mention: I love smut? I LOVE GAY SERIAL KILLERS HAVING SEX. um. sorry, maybe a little too much death note for yours truly. Please also see the 2 relevant tags on my livejournal! :DDD AND HAVE FUN, SANTA! <333333