I keep seeing this word "tig" popping up all over my friends list, in places like Dorrie's journal, and Sara's. What on earth does it mean? Cause it sounds fun, and I hate being out of the loop on something that sounds fun.
Oh, and speaking of being out of the loop: Dear knight_to_h3. I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR HAND.
adela711 has a really interesting poll on how we react to certain characters in the HP series.
Someone has written this wonderful, inventive fic for the HP Remix challenge based on my fic "Invisible." Go. Read. I wonder who wrote it? You have my admiration, whoever you are. Really. THANK YOU.
I'm sure this has already been mentioned on daily_snitch and quickquote, but to any of you who haven't seen it, hydaspes has a fabulous idea for a fic challenge over here based on works of fine art. The Brushstrokes and Broomsticks Challenge. Go! Sign up! (I have a record of 0 for 3 so far for completing challenges I sign up for--but I still keep hoping! Maybe this will be the one!)
Dude. What on earth is that freaky Russian meme about? Surely somebody on my friends list speaks Russian and has seen this. Right? I'm tempted to take it except I heard there was some sort of weird security issue involved, so I'm not going into the water until I know there are no Russian sharks around. Or, er, something.
But speaking of memes: the livejournal meme, stolen from dayafternext:
1. Your LiveJournal user name & what it means:
--bookshop. It's a holdover from vanityfair, which is the title of the book my middle name comes from. I picked brimful cause ontheside needed to go, and I liked the song "Brimful of Asha", and also there's a subtle reference to a fic I wrote in there too.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are?
--- I don't know. I mean, in terms of representing my real life, obviously it can't. In terms of representing how I interact with people in real life, obviously it can't. But in terms of reflecting what I guess is my general spirit, and personality, I'd say about a 9. I don't tend to hide any of myself here.
3. How much about your life do you post to LJ?
-- A fuck lot less than I used to. :)
4. Is there anything you refuse to post about?
--Yes. I could elaborate, but then I'd be posting about it, wouldn't I?
5. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
--If you're an HP person, maybe a, like, 7. If you're not, then probably more like a 2. Hee.
6. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
--Haha. Back when I was a more frequent poster to FAP, I used to wheedle people into joining up all the time. :)
7. What proportion of your posts are friends only?
8. What is your favorite interest on LJ?
--tiny new england bookstores. though 'hed pastede on yay' makes me smile.
9. How often do you post in communities, and did you ever start your own?
--Er. I was posting in drabblesmith every day but then I got sidetracked and just, sort of, er, stopped. I really need to get somebody to help me make those daily posts. Wah. I start communities all the time, it's crazy.
10. How often do you respond to/comment on other people's journals?
--according to LJ: Posted: 11,344 times. I averaged this up once actually and it's about 1 comment for every 2 received on my LJ. Which I can live with.
11. Do you prefer to write in your journal or read other journals?
--Both. It goes in waves.
12. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
13. Have you ever banned someone from your journal?
--Yes, once, because the person was being rude and insulting to other people on my journal. I refuse to ban somebody just because they flame me or say mean things to me, because I figure if I can't hack criticism I shouldn't have a public livejournal. (And yes, I still consider this a public LJ.)
14. Who are your three favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
--Not counting the RQ, because they are my favorite, like, everything, I really only have one favorite, and that is weatherby. Picking and choosing between the rest of you just seems silly. <3
15. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
--in terms of fannishness? dancingrain. in terms of taste? minervacat. in terms of general spirit and spunk? pinkocracy. in terms of, oh, how i see the world? probably someone like suaine or epistolarie or patchfire. :)
16. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list?
--1) I like their fics, and/or what they have to say about fandom or politics. 2) We all have the same friends and have to hear about each other to such a ridiculous extent that it's ludicrous for us not to add one another. :D
17. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?
--I do now. But that is a new, recent policy. Before I went flocked I didn't do it on principle, because I didn't want to give the impression of sincerely wanting to read somebody's journal when I can't possibly read more than a few hundred or so without losing track of who people are.
18. What is the most likely reason you wouldn't add someone to your friends list?
--1) They hate me or have been mean to me or my friends at some point in the past. 2) We have nothing in common. 3) I don't like their fic.
19. Is your "significant other" on LJ?
20. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
--Yes! And have, many times!
Am at work. I still have another twenty minutes before I can looks at pics of David Thewlis naked.
I want to be reading fanfic. Or writing. For some reason I am sitting here staring at Rach's shippy red riding hood!H/D icons and it is making me want to write. WAH. THE LOVE.
Also, I need more webcam icons.
What else should I say here? Blargle.
Oh! I know. Dear LJ friends: Please tell me the one thing you would most like me to know. :)