Ten to Zen. name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most, then pick ten people to do the same.
try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.
(Though I have to ask: is being Zen really about cheating selfhood for the sake of originality?)
1. Driving over bodies of water. I love to drive over bridges, particularly when the sun is sparkling over the water. I strategically like to play the most beautiful song I can find while I do it, turn it up really loud, and roll down the windows. When I'm really stressed out I will drive out to the lake just so I can drive over the causeway at sunset, and one of my favorite moments ever involved driving back to school over the Tennessee River one evening, playing The Power of One soundtrack at full blast just as the sun topped the hill and lit up the whole channel in light. And another favorite moment involved driving across the vast Mississippi River one morning as I passed through Hannibal, MO, listening to the Eagles and watching the sunrise, straight across the horizon. I love the act of driving over bridges.
2. Eating blackberries straight off the vine, or out of the bucket in my grandmother's kitchen.
3. bird-watching. I sat out on the front porch and watched birds for at least half an hour every day when I was home, armed with high-power binoculars. Birds are so entertaining. Especially hummingbirds, which are like the most vicious things alive. You think they're so cute and then they start divebombing at your head. I love them.
4. The way a peeled grape feels on your tongue.
5. The swoop in your stomach you get from huge steep hills and roller coasters. Oh, and driving over tiny hills in the road at really top speed. There's this one road in town that's got like 5 slow speed bump gradiant things, and we used to tear over them in my car. The dip was so awesome. :D :D :D
6. The way you can remember the taste of someone's tongue in your mouth years after you've last kissed. *_*
7. Surely someone has said this, but the sensation of pulling on a warm sweatshirt and sweatpants after you've just come in out of the rain. Most comforting sensation ever.
8. People breaking into spontaneous song.
9. liquid lead pencils. oh. they make life so much more interesting. ♥♥♥
10. Gmail - Inbox (1).
10 people I pick to continue this meme: zauberer_sin, ought, suaine, flyby, an_sceal, wednesdayschild, anatsuno, elements, patchfire, and kenboy.
Randomly: Does anybody around these parts live in/near Little Rock? *idly curious*