TEN UNPOPULAR FANDOM OPINIONS! and 10 that can't be popular enough.
First round: Prince of Tennis!
1. No one should ever be ashamed of shipping Tenimyu RPS, because oh my god they want us to.
2. Fuji, in canon, is far, far nicer than 90% of fandom ever gives him credit for.
3. What is the deal with Prince of Tennis fandom and its obsession with numbers? 20 Things, 30 Kisses, OT5? PLEASE. LESS DATA. MORE PLOT.
4. The entourage of HP fans who converted to Tenipuri totally breathed second life into this fandom.
5. (This is the opinion that will get me stoned.) I think Oishi is an inconsiderate, selfish, uptight worrywart who makes the lives of the people around him needlessly harder than they have to be. Sometimes I really want Eiji to bitchslap some sense into him.
6. WHERE IS THE INUI/FUJI FIC. WHERE.
7. Tomo is awesome. She's totally badass. She's smart, assertive, positive, motivating, cheerful, considerate, brassy, and funny. She also cooks, sews, cheerleads, babysits, and plays tennis really well! She's almost hotter than An. And that's a lot of hot.
8. Yukimura is boring. And Sanada/Yukimura < Kirihara/Yukimura.
9. Tezuka is the most expressive character in this show.
10. All Tenipuri ships are canon. But some are more canon than others. :D
Second Round: Harry Potter!
1. Ginny? Still a bitch. And that Oedipal thing JKR admitted to? WHY would you admit something like that? 'Yes, Harry dreams of sleeping with someone who reminds him of his mother.' NOT HELPING YOUR CASE, JO.
2. Molly Weasley is one sexy mama. And possibly a nympho.
3. This is such an old unpopular fandom opinion that I'm chagrined that it's still an unpopular one, but here we go: People. DRACO MALFOY DOES NOT NEED YOUR APOLOGISTICS. For god's sakes, just let him be the arrogant conceited manipulative bratty bigoted stubborn stuck-up asshole you fell in love with! What's the point of redeeming him if you're going to water him down to begin with anyway?
If you think I'm saying Draco is EEEVIL OMG, no, I am not. Draco is a normal boy. Please. People. If you don't know any normal 17 year old boys who are bigoted stuck-up assholes, then you need to expand your circle of teenagers.
4. JKR Rules.
5. Harry or Draco dying will only make the H/D ship stronger after the end of Book 7 than ever.
6. I actually think it's kind of neat that the fandom is so big whole factions can exist in separate corners of it and not even know anything about each other. It makes it feel all metropolisy that way. Like, you know, who knows - one day you could wander off Livejournal and end up somewhere you never knew existed, like Muggle Thai or Forbidden Desires, or somewhere where the denizens are like, "what's a livejournal?" And, yeah. Pretty cool.
7. asdlkf;jas GOD, SHIROTA YUU REALLY IS THE SINGLE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON IN THE HISTO - oh wait, right.
7. In terms of plot, structure, and thematic organization, Order of the Phoenix is the worst Harry Potter book. Chamber of Secrets is the best.
8. Hermione ending up with Ron would be settling. THERE I SAID IT. Not that Ron's not great and all but REALLY. IT'S HERMIONE. SHE COULD HAVE IT SO MUCH BETTER.
9. Harry should seriously consider going to the Dark Side for a little while. Just to see what it's like.
10. If you can ever lose your love for Harry/Draco, for this ship, then you never really loved it to begin with. *RUNS*